Michele Mitchell

Michele Mitchell
EXPLORE THE INTERACTION OF EATING WELL

Friday, January 1, 2010

No Cooked Goose Here


Well it happened today. We officially closed Kaffe Blue doors located at 210 Broad Street. As we packed all the stuff (and can I take a minute to say STUFF one more time and in all caps), a special thank you to all those that helped Mark and my dad carry heavy equipment! I was caught off guard by the emotional response I experienced knowing I would not be in a kitchen for months. I walked through the dining room and the echo of the empty room made me shutter. For a moment I was concerned that my goose was cooked. What am I doing? Will people just wait patiently? Will anyone remember what they loved about Kaffe Blue? Will the next space meet the expectations for creating a beautiful atmosphere? I believe yes is the answer to all those questions. First, my family is taking steps to grow Kaffe Blue to another level of dining for downtown Kingsport. Second, anticipation only makes the moment sweeter when we open our doors again. Third, who can forget about chicken salad and greek pasta salad! And lastly, 133 Broad Street is a great building, just wait!
Today a door is closing and with it great memories and experiences, but a new one is opening and in it is an exciting adventure that I will get to share with many people. I love my city and all the people that make owning a restaurant a wonderful career. Ok, here we go! Cross those fingers for a smooth purchase.




1 comment:

  1. Can't hardly wait for the NEW Kaffe Blue! Best wishes, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete